Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

37 week update

Guess I'm making up for lost time (or not so many blogs)...

I got to see our little man at my last appointment. Unfortunately, due to some scheduling conflicts, Micah wasn't able to be there to see him, but I brought him pictures.

The ultrasound tech did a formal measurement. He's in the 91% (I was super excited that he's already making As. Yeah, I'm old school because nowadays they don't do As, Bs, etc. but that's digressing). Anyways, our baby's a biggun. The UT suggested his weight to be 7 lbs. 11 oz. already (yes, with at least 3 weeks to go!). Speaking of how our boy is an achiever, he's already head down & has been for some time. (I hope the sarcasm of the proud parent of a fetus comes through in blogspeak).

Anyways, this ultrasound was much different that I expected. Since he's so developed now, it was actually more difficult to see all his parts. For example, his brain is harder to see because it's more dense & his skull is more formed. And when we looked at his heart, she had to peek a boo through his ribs. It was cool to see him though. When we did the 3D ultrasound, he was SO cute. Again it was hard to see (fluids are less than they used to be as is the space in there), but he was still mighty cute. I think he's got his daddy's nose - definitely the "Long" genes at work. He was also sticking his tongue in and out. I mean who woulda though that could be so adorable, but it is... You can see his cute little tongue and his chubby cheeks in these pics.


Then, I met with the doctor. She measured him & believed he's probably not quite as big as the UT said. She was guessing by her measurements he's probably about 7 lbs. 5 oz. (still plenty big if you ask me). She checked me for preeclampsia - I'm good. Got the results of the strep B test - it's negative (that's good). And my iron is up, so all around we got good news.

Now for the potentially TMI session - not for the faint of heart, so feel free to stop reading. Not dialated yet, but I have begun to efface. Now that I'm at full-term, the doctor said we could begin all kinds of things to encourage Little Long to come (like exercise). With my family history (my, sister's & Roan's births 2 weeks late), encouragement couldn't do any harm. She said if we get to 40 weeks, considering the family history, she'll probably see if she can stir stuff up down there to prevent having to induce.

No comments:

Post a Comment