Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Boy oh Boy

So much has happened in the last two months! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. (sorry!) Let's see if I can hit all the highlights...



- I went back to work to a new job in Finance (same company) that I'm really enjoying.

- Micah & I had our fourth anniversary and enjoyed a delicious bottle of champagne and our new family.

- We had Gramps (aka my daddy) and Great Grandma Carolyn in town taking care of Logan. In Dad's *free* time, he refinished my furniture! Yesss! (Many who know me know that this is quite the good news!)

- Got a visit from Mom & Andy that got cut short due to Andy's brother. Our hearts are still with you, hoping for a healthy recovery for Beno! Mom made Logan the most incredible quilt with so many adorable colors and animals. I'll try to post pics.

- Took our very first airplane ride with Logan. He was freakin' awesome (no surprise)! We whirlwinded Texas to see our friend get married and to celebrate Angela's upcoming nuptuals to my little bro and to celebrate my very first Mother's Day with both my moms.

- Got a visit from the Tillema family. Aidan (Christina & Jan Mendelt's boy) is a year old now and quite the firecracker. There's no stopping that little one from movin! He's super cute, and we enjoyed their visit. We were super thankful they vacationed in Denver, so they could take care of Logan for the week.

- Mom & Stephen visited and took care of Logan, too. This was Stephen's first time meeting his grandson. I think they took to each other quite well. And Mom couldn't have doted on Logan any more. Thanks so much for the new swing. It's saved us several nights! And for the new shoes (all three pair) and for the clothes and for, well just everything!

- Logan got his first cold. Poor little guy has been super congested, but you'd never know it with his happy demeanor. Once he gets decongested, we'll move him back into his crib. Until then, he's swinging the night away.

- Working on getting a new roof, new gutters, and repainting the house. What are we in for??!

- Soon to be headed on our first road trip (to Texas) to watch Uncle Johnny & Aunt Angela get married. Yea!!




Logan updates (oh yeah, that's why you all tune in!):

- He's now 16 pounds, 2 ounces. (75%)

- He's 26.5 inches long (90%).

- He just got the taste of his first solid food. (The doctor recommended us putting him on cereal to help him get back to sleeping through the night. By the way, Mommie Too said so a month ago, but who ever listens to their parents :-P) He had rice cereal while out for First Friday on Tennyson, listening to music and chilling with family.

- He TURNS OVER!!! Well, so Arwen saw him do it (from tummy to back) about two weeks ago, then Micah saw it this past week, but it wasn't until today that I saw him for my very own eyes!! I was having a crappy day until I saw him turn (from back to tummy). It's just amazing how one little turn can totally turn your whole day around! Then, later he was hanging out in his crib and when I came back in, he had turned over again, so it's looking like it's becoming routine for this big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment